A PARK FOR YELLOWLEAF (Jan 2012)
The effort kicked off in January 2012 to evalu-ate the feasibility of the project. In February, homeowners were surveyed for their thoughts, ideas and concerns about a potential park.
After two months of work to assess the 14 acres on Sweet Gum Drive and what it would take to develop a park, a presentation* was made to the HOA Board of Directors and interested attendees on March 6th.
The green light was given - so now we are at the very beginning of a 5 year effort to bring the vision to reality.
What Will Be Needed?
Hard work ... lot of volunteers ... lots and lots of money ...
Good organization ... great leadership ... and time ...
WE CAN DO THIS!
* Presentation contains 25 slides and will take a few seconds to open.
WORK IN THE PARK SCHEDULE
Park Manager Bob Kelley proposes the following
2017 work agenda for the park. Safety inspection
by park manager.
1. Clear path from newly installed ramp to bridge
2. General underbrush / weed cleanup of pathways
3. Picnic table repair / refurbish
4. Cable down benches / tables.
Dependent on Weather
Work dates will be announced
via Facebook / Website
Contact Bob Kelley
GENERAL INFORMATION FOR WORK
East End Trails, Picnic Area & Bridge Site
1. Cleanup from flood effects
2. Enhance park entrance
3. Trail work, clearing understory & weeds
4. Plant trees
Shovels, wheelbarrows, rakes.
Long pants, gloves, long sleeves. Good clothes and shoes are not recommended. MOSQUITO REPELLENT in warm months.
Pictures taken in February 2012. Wow - we've made a lot of progress in a short time!
WHAT TO WEAR
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
- 5th Annual Chelsea Christmas Village successfully avoided poor weather this year and again as our main fundraiser for Dogwood Creek Park, successfully provided monies for 2016/17 park improvements.
- Major cleanup of creek bottom on the east side during drought period
- Ramp dug out off service road giving future access to park from service road
- Installed water main at park entrance
Yellowleaf Ridge Estates Homeowner Association
A wonderful time was had by all ...
Want to help fund the park?