Directions to the Senior Center
From the subdivision entrance, turn right onto Hwy 39. Go 2.0 miles and turn right onto Hwy 36.
Go 0.7 miles and the gray building is on your right. Hope to see you there!
QUARTERLY MEETING: March 10, 2013
- President Paul Garmon opened the meeting, acknowledging a full agenda.
- Treasurer's Report - annual dues collections thru 3.10.13, monthly expenses thru 2.28.13 and bank account balances were reported. The budget has been forecasted for the remainder of the fiscal year, with a small deficit anticipated. With dues payments down, and lack of response to reminder letters mailed in February, board members will be contacting non-paying residents to request payments.
- Audit Report - the July-December 2012 accounting records have been examined by an independent auditor and we received a satisfactory finding. A commendation was also noted regarding good stewardship by HOA officers. The next audit for the January - June 2013 records will be done in July/August and reported at the September meeting.
- Welcome Committee Report - no homes are currently in the market. This function has been assumed by Terri Adema as of early March. We now have several rental properties, two of which may become home sales later in the year.
- Landscaping & Beautification Report - the upcoming popular Birmingham Botanical Garden sale to be held April 4-7th was discussed. More info: www.BBGardens.org/springplantsale. Recent entrance plant cutting by our lawn & landscape vendor was discussed. We will need to replace the transformer box for the entrance sprinkler system since it is well beyond its useful life at 18 years old; a $450 cost estimate was obtained from a sprinkler repair service. To save funds, we are checking on the cost of purchasing the box and performing the electrical work ourselves.
- Park Project Update - 2013 development plans were discussed, with focus on the main entrance and continuing work on the East End. Other topics included a requested camp site & rules needed, vandalism on March 9th, monitoring of teenage groups frequenting the park, plateau water & lights, and a grand opening tentatively planned for late April/early May.
- Board Members - three members will have expiring terms at the end of June and are eligible to renew for another 2 year term if desired. This may affect the need for possible new board member and/or officer recruitment.
Next Meeting: Sunday, June 2nd at 2pm.
Next Meeting: Sunday, June 2nd, 2013 at 2pm.
Remaining 2013 Schedule: June 2nd September 8th December 8th
Yellowleaf Ridge Estates Homeowner Association